Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Vertigo

from hitchcock.tv
So I finally got around to watching Hitchcock's Vertigo with Dan today. My mom loves Hitchcock and we own a collection of his best works so it was only time before I watched it, which is one of her top Hitchcock movies. But I think it's been on my To-Watch list for at least this summer when Dan and I first talked about it. Well, it was crazy. A retired detective (Scottie) starts following a young crazed woman by the request of her husband. The rest of movie follows Scottie as he tries to solve her weird behavior. The clues left by Hitchcock for the viewer lead you astray but it makes sense in the end. I kept thinking it was the end of the movie but more and more twists were thrown in. It was great. And so were the views of San Francisco. And I do like thrillers.

If you want more in-depth analysis of the movie, Dan wrote two posts about the art in the film. Check it out here and here. To be honest, I definitely didn't read that much into it, or actually any movie. I just enjoy being taken to another place and time for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment