One of the cutest places in Niantic is the Book Barn (a used book store). There's multiple locations but the one we went to was literally in a barn--and spread out in other buildings and kiosks on the property. I love bookstores. I could spend all day just looking at books. But the Book Barn makes it possible for you to sit down and enjoy their books--comfy chairs everywhere and free coffee. And a whole lot of kittens (cats). Two books for $2, holla. We spent the afternoon at a 4th of July picnic and then rode bikes all around Niantic. We saw the sun going down and all the people out celebrating. We got to McCook Beach and my legs felt like jello. And Kristen made fun of me because I couldn't ride the bike up two hills. Instead of going out to see fireworks, we just watched
The Secret Life of Bees and painted our nails and watched fireworks on Snapchat. It was all I needed for Independence Day--books, burgers, and Kristen.
No comments:
Post a Comment