Thursday, July 9, 2015

Love & Mercy (& Pizza)


So I finally got to treat Elise to real Ambler experience (although I admit I was late so we didn't see the PowerPoint of all the local businesses). It was a typical weekday 2:30 movie--like 10 people total, mostly older. We saw Love & Mercy, a movie about Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys and his struggles with his mental health and relationships. I honestly had no idea about it until I saw the movie. We sang Beach Boys songs all the time in grade school for spring concerts--and I hear them now all the time too. It's definitely worth a see. Elise and I sat there for all the credits--I think Elise was overwhelmed by the entire film. It definitely was intense. Afterwards, I pointed out all the local landmarks (aka where I have eaten) and we saw Art in the Storefront (it's still the same since May). For dinner, Elise followed me home and Dan came over as well for pizza and wings. I'm not a huge fan of having people over but they were chatting up my family and thoroughly enjoying themselves (at least that's what they told me). It also kind of hit me that I'll be leaving soon, especially after talking with Cody later that night on the phone. But Dan assures me that it'll be great so I'm going to have to trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment