So it only took me 4 years to visit Kristen up in Niantic. I'm mad that I didn't go sooner--everything was amazing. But the drive up was one of the most terrible things I ever experienced. It took me 6.5 hours when it should have taken me 4. I stopped at a rest stop and bought an ice cream cone to make me feel better. A few times I was almost parked on 95. But I made and it was 100% worth it.
On Thursday, we went to Kristen's sister's softball game. This game was very important--if they lost, they would be knocked out. I suggested we paint our bodies (we had enough to spell "East Lyme"). They held the opponents all game but lost in the last half of the last inning. I was devastated and it was only my first game! The girls were definitely sad but they should be proud of making it that far and playing tough. Afterwards, I raced Kristen's youngest brother around the bases and I won twice. Yes, I take pride in beating a 8-year-old. And then we got frozen yogurt, which was delicious, but also my second ice cream treat of the day. Oh well, it was vacation.
Friday we went to the beach. The CT beaches are vastly different from the NJ ones I'm used to--shallow, no waves, few people, and small. I think I prefer CT but I still missed the waves. Kristen then took me on a tour of Niantic--I ran and she rode her bike. I was dying. But everything was so close and cute and I loved it. And Kristen's family is the sweetest thing in the world. They all (for the most part) talked to me and asked me to play games with them. Their home was very welcoming and I felt super comfortable there (that's a rare thing). And I got to see what makes Kristen who she is and her home life explains a lot (in a good way Kristen (I know you are reading this)). Stay tuned for Part 2 and 3.



No comments:
Post a Comment