Friday, September 18, 2015

One Happy Homework


So graduate school is hard. We don't have assigned readings--rather, we have four problem sets due each week, plus unofficial reading of the textbooks to supplement the in-class lectures. Many, many times I have looked at the homework and had no idea what to do. It seemed to be very different from my notes and I have been struggling. Luckily, my classmates are cooperative rather than competitive so it's relatively easy to ask them for help. But I think each week I'm getting more of the hang of things--it's not getting any easier but I'm managing my time better and seeking help when I need it. 

So my last two homeworks in my Tuesday/Thursday class have been dismal. I just didn't understand them. The topic (equilibrium) is fundamental and straightforward but I couldn't get it. This week I felt better about it but I was still unsure. But I found my graded homework in my mailbox this morning and I was so excited. 5 out of 5! Homework grades really don't matter but it showed that my understanding of the topic is getting stronger. I just felt so good after seeing it. But I have to still work hard so I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment