Monday, June 29, 2015

Franklin Institute, aka the Zoo

Did they forget the "l" in riddle?

In honor of Fourth of July this week, Wawa sponsored free admission to the Franklin Institute. As most people know, I'm a big fan of all things free. And this summer, I've been trying to see things and friends so naturally it was a win-win. I met Muffy (one of my roommates from this year) at the Franklin Institute. We both have been there probably a thousand times. But this time, it was packed. I guess everyone had the same idea as me. There was a line for the heart. Yeah, I know. Kids were all over the place--we could barely do any of the interactive stuff. Yes, I know, I'm 22, but still. But we made some paper airplanes, stole a kid's tshirt, solved a few riddles, and met the one and only Ben Franklin (see below). So as overwhelmed as I was, it was still a good trip. Afterwards, we headed to Agno Grill for a late-ish lunch. I was going to Ironhill later so I only had chips and hummus, which the hummus to chip ratio was totally wrong--not enough chips. But it was still a beautiful day with one of the most positive and strong people I've ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment