Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Daytripping to the Beach


So Cody is starting her big girl job next week and I needed to see her off properly by spending the day at the beach. After a bit of an adventure getting there (traffic so my sister and I took the scenic route through University City), we made it. After running to get salt water taffy because our meter was up, I dropped my sister off with her friends that ditched her and headed a handful of blocks up to meet Cody. 

First, the weather was gorgeous. The water was cold at first dip but it felt great once I was adjusted to it. Anyway, any day with Cody is great, especially in the summer. Best friends since freshman year. And Cody's friend Andrew was there as well, who I've met before. We just spent the afternoon hanging out in the sun. I heard many stories about Cody's wild antics before college and all about their grade school teachers. Andrew also asked me a question that I don't usually ever get but probably should: what should he call me? Cody calls me KB and he had been calling me Katie all day so which one was better? It's actually a curious question and all my nicknames are something I take pride in. People call me Katie, Kate, KB, Kibs, Kibbles, Katie B. I tried getting people to call me Kath in high school but that didn't stick. So I guess the short answer would be any of them. 

Towards the end of the afternoon, Cody started listing off all the food she could eat right then and naturally I was getting very hungry listening to her describe all these places nearby. So we went to Prep's for pizza (recently re-done, I heard) and we devoured a pie. Very good. But then we had to leave because Cody wouldn't let me sleep over but maybe I can sleep over when she gets a place in DC? Okay thanks for being my friend and letting me use you for the beach. Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment