After not seeing Dan for 5.5 months, we were reunited at Ambler for a good movie. I was excited to Clouds of Sils Maria, what looked like a actress version of Black Swan. But it wasn't. I was a little disappointed after the movie because it didn't match my hype. But thinking about it, it begged many questions and was more complex than at first look. Essentially, the movie was about a middle aged actress who decides to be in the same play that launched her career, this time as the older woman driven to suicide by her young assistant lover. The movie and the play-within-the-movie crossed paths and meddled with my thoughts so I was never sure if the characters were just reading lines or if the play became their lives. It was a weird mix of reality and the play.
But I love going to the movies. Afterwards, we headed to El Limon, a Mexican restaurant down the street, The thick chips and guac were so good. So many people came and went while we were there. Dan talked my ear off about Rome and I loved hearing it, although I wish I could have been there. When I came back two years ago, no one really wanted to hear how my time was. All they wanted was a two sentence answer saying how I enjoyed myself. So I'm glad I was able to hear about his experience and be a person who went through it before. And we decided that we'll see the cloud formation (the snake) near Sils Maria one day (see 4:10 in the video below).
No comments:
Post a Comment