Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cheap Date Night with Elise


Elise invited me to visit the Art Museum with her after her internship so I jumped at the chance to get out of the house, see Elise, and do it all at pay-what-you-wish night. My train got in a little early so I meander down the Parkway, stopping in this little used bookstore. Nothing was more expensive than $3 and for those cat lovers out there, they have two in-residence cats! I love bookstores--I could spend hours just looking. But 5:30 was approaching so I paid my $2.16 for my book and headed past the Barnes, where I ran into one of my friends from school. Totally unexpected.


 I finally met up with Elise after she took the extremely long way to get to the museum (100% out of the way). We saw Elise's favorite art (the Impressionists and European) and kept running into a security guard who was very talkative (it was 3 times, at least). Elise was impressed by the tea house and I always love seeing the Calder mobile in the atrium. 


Tired and hungry, we headed out to Eakins Oval to experience "Future Sensations," a Disney World-like exhibition that celebrates the company Saint Gobain's 250th anniversary (a little commercialized). Everyone had the same idea as us so the lines were very long--we only got through 2 of the 5. Feet tired and still hungry (we never ate), we headed back along the Parkway to get our respective trains and said goodbye to a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment