![]() |
| Found Mike in the lobby |
My first trip of this break to Ambler was to originally see Still Alice. However, March history repeated itself and as soon as I entered the theater, the worker said, "Still Alice is sold out." No! With only Whiplash showing at the same time (but I had plans to see it Monday) and two-and-a-half hours until Still Alice showed again, I was in a pickle. Luckily and thankfully, my Monday companion offered to see Birdman instead and encouraged me to see Whiplash tonight. So that's a lot of back story considering all I wanted to say was I saw Whiplash. The movie was pretty intense. I think that's the best word to describe it--intense. Kind of like Foxcatcher in the sense of not knowing how much hard work is involved in being great in wrestling or in this case playing the drums. So much blood on the drum set--that's all I have to say about that. And funny insults that may or may not have crossed the line. And some backstabbing and counter-backstabbing and sabotage and counter-sabotage and success. Like most of the movies I see, this one was worth seeing. Even the bad ones (Le Week-end or Adore, etc) are fun to talk about after.

No comments:
Post a Comment