So for my one Honors math class, we just finished Alice in Wonderland, which had some bittersweet moments to it. First, I read it when I was younger and I remembered being so entranced so rereading it made me think of it as kind of silly. But silly in not-a-good way. Also, reading books for school is a lot different than reading books for fun. You have to remember stuff.
Anyway, I studied for my test in this class by watching the 1951 Disney animated movie. I never realized how trippy it was. The colors change frequently and the characters are all over the place. It also made me think the book was very trippy. Maybe Lewis Carroll was crazy? Maybe I'm crazy? That's probably more like it. I'm probably reading too much into this. But I still really enjoy all the puns and puzzles in the book. So much. I'm going to propose a re-title: Alice in Pun-derland. Get it? I'll stop now.
“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.""I don't much care where –""Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
But I guess it's worth noting that Lewis Carroll lived in Oxford and I was there. But we unfortunately didn't get to see Christ College or any of his famous haunts. But alas. Can you imagine Lewis Carroll here? (I don't even know what he looks like and they didn't have cars back then so I can't.)
No comments:
Post a Comment