Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Thoughts on Rome Today

So it's been two years and some days since I went to Rome. Frigid days like yesterday and taxing days like today make me wish I was back sometimes. The relaxed Roman lifestyle helped my stressful disposition. And I usually just did whatever I wanted. My friend Dan is there now (read about it here) and I'm living vicariously through him. But sometimes I look at his pictures and I don't know where he is. But I really should. It's sad, knowing that I forget. I forget a lot of things.

But with pictures and my blog and my journal, I hope that will help. But I always wonder if I went back, how would it be different? It would obviously be different, of course. Would I be more adventurous? I don't know. Would I do anything different if I could go back in the past? I guess with anything in life, the past has shaped your present and your present shapes the future. I probably wouldn't change anything, but there is still that nostalgia and sadness.

2 years today: the walk from the library to campus

No comments:

Post a Comment