Sunday, July 1, 2012

Brave

So last night, I saw Disney Pixar's Brave. After getting shot down by a gazillion friends who were all already busy, I went with two friends from my high school cross country team. We went and we were the only ones over the age of 8 in the theater besides the parents. Hold on, I had a giftcard for the movie so I probably shouldn't be complaining, but the movie cost $11.50?!?! Yeah, I know. But on the plus side, with the rewards program, I got a free small popcorn! Yes!

Back to Brave. For those who don't know, it is about a Scottish princess, Merida, who does not want to get married--instead she wants to run around and shoot arrows and ride her horse and explore. Her mom, however, insists that she marries and is otherwise uncompromising. Merida takes her fate into her own hands and...sorry, can't spoil it for you. The animation was wonderful--Merida's fiery red hair bounces along with her. The one message I got out of the movie was understanding. Merida and her mother, the queen, argue about everything. If they just took time to listen to each other, a compromise could be made. This can be applied to real life. I don't know, maybe I am just reading into too much, but I really think it sends a good message.


No comments:

Post a Comment