| from wikipedia.com |
Friday, July 27, 2012
Olympics
Currently watching the Olympic opening ceremony. This is probably the most exciting sporting event. I think one thing that adds to the allure is that it is held every 4 years. But, this year, I am trying to watch as much as I can--even the ones that I wouldn't usually watch. The sports that I will most definitely watch are track and gymnastics. I won't pass up watching any American--so like beach volleyball or swimming. I think the Olympics are unifying--both the US and the world. Everyone comes together to support the United States; it is a second 4th of July. It makes me proud when an American athlete competes to the best of his or her ability. In regards to the world, the Olympics create a sense of solidarity, of peace. At the time of the Olympics, it seems like all conflicts and wars stop. It may be that it makes us forget the slaughter and difficulties and so actually the Olympics cover up this. But I think it still is a great event and will watch many minutes of the Olympics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment