My visit to Johnstown was amazing, to say the least. It might have been that I hadn't seen my friend since May and that I enjoyed just hanging out with her. But anyway, I arrived at State College on the Megabus (great idea), so tired. It was Arts Fest at Penn State, but we just walked around, enjoying the beautiful day. The night was fun too,. We hung out with her high school friends around the fire. I had my first mountain pie--they were shocked that I never even heard of one. It is kinda like a grilled cheese sandwich over the fire with tomato sauce and pepperoni, like a pizza. Very good, I must say. It was a culture shock. Even though I am not technically from the city, it was crazy to see how these "country" kids lived. Sunday was a day for sightseeing. We went to the Johnstown Flood Museum, the Inclined Plane, and the Flight 93 Memorial. Her dad joked that all the sights were about destruction. That night I went to my first drive-in movie. It was a double feature but I fell asleep during the second movie. The United States has only 403 drive-ins left (I think) and there were 3 within a half hour from her house. Crazy.



No comments:
Post a Comment