So many people have heard my theory on best friends. Essentially, you need to ask someone to be your best friend. Because remember, if you assume... But really, there's nothing like feeling that someone has your back and then he or she actually doesn't. Ask and you will receive. Unless the potential best friend says no. Then you are just friends. No harm in trying. I think it's nice knowing that you have a best friend. You can even have many. You just have to ask them first.
Asking also keeps people liable. It's official when you ask. And as sad as this will sound, being picky about who is your best friend allows you from getting hurt. I think a lot of people know about my theory and so they respect it. It's a quality investment when I ask. Friends come and go but best friends are supposed to stay, at least for a while. So there's comfort in knowing that you have at least one or two friends no matter how sucky you are or if you move away. They'll like you for who you are and always try to help you.
So, in my relatively short 22 years, I have had only 2ish best friends (2ish because I'm not 100% sure if it is 2 or 3 so I'm going to pretend it's only 2 for the sake of me avoiding why I'll only be talking about 2. (Is it bad that I definitely only know it is 2? I'm having trouble remembering.)). Anyway, so my theory first came about freshman year, in March, when Cody asked to be my best friend. She was my first ever best friend. Isn't that exciting?? And then I just assumed Kristen was my best friend but I officially asked last year. So two best friends. And they are both short like me. And sometimes weird and sometimes cool.
So meet my two best friends. Hopefully we'll be friends for at least a few more years. Be my roommates in Arizona, please.

If you accepted my best friendship I would be your roommate in the great Southwest. SHAME YOU ALWAYS SAID NO
ReplyDeleteGive it time--I'm selective! And you have two more years here!
Delete