Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Effie Gray


I took my first trip to Ambler this afternoon to see Effie Gray, a period piece about a girl Effie who marries the writer John Ruskin. Once super smitten with Ruskin, after marriage, Effie finds out that Ruskin likes to keep to himself and doesn't try to care for Effie at all. She becomes very lonely and sick and Ruskin seems not to notice at all. The two have very different personalities and priorities. As I said to a friend earlier today, it was a sad story but Effie was strong in the end.

After the movie, I took a walk around Ambler, checking out Art in the Storefront and all the little shops. I perused the menus, looking for a delicious place to go with Dan when he returns from jet-setting around Europe. I turned down Main Street and found this sign below at the entrance to a bar. It enlisted a chuckle from me and I hope you do too! Soon after, I got caught in a brief rain shower, taking cover under a tree. Well, it rained harder and longer than I thought it would so I was slightly soaked as I walked back to my car, making back perfectly in time for a sun shower. So many happy things today packed into one afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment