Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Last Race

Post-PR and post-throw up meal

Well, my last collegiate race ever was last night. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel nervous. I mean, this was my last race and I really wanted it to end on a high note. Running, especially the last two years, was very up and down for me. It even spilled over into relationships, both creating and alienating friends. But I definitely say it was worth it--all those hours in the pool and on the track, waking up early and going to bed early, the injuries and the PR's. I was talking to my coach the other day and he said that he really wanted to preserve my love for running. That was his main priority. And I think it was maintained. There's nothing like running at Valley Green or winning local 5ks or feeling sore after a hard run. And there's especially nothing like finishing my 5k last night, throwing my guts up, but being super happy and talkative and funny. As far as I was from reaching my goal I set last spring, achieving that 10 seconds PR was a great way to end my semester. Even throwing up (my first time ever after a race) was awesome--I ran my guts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment