Happy National Running Day!! Today is probably one of the only National Running Days that I have actually run on. I note the irony. Usually it falls in my off time between track and cross country but not this year. I got to celebrate properly! I hope everyone goes out for a run and enjoys the wonderfulness of it. I love running. Many reasons why. I like competition. And the hard work, not necessarily skill, that is involved to become better and be successful. I like that it can be refreshing. Or when you wake up early and run and feel as if you are the only one alive. The heightened senses running at night, feeling as if you just did something bad. I like feeling accomplished. Or when I run at this park and see the cathedral in the distance and feel like singing "The hills are Alive" like Maria in The Sound of Music. I just love running! Now go out and run!
On a lighter note--Yesterday, I ran and rode my bike for a total of 70 minutes. Th count stands at 2 deer, 4 police cars, and a cat. Today I saw 3 plastic deer. Super exciting! It wasn't as if the deer were in the woods. No, they were on someone's lawn. Crazy. Granted, the lawn was across the street from the woods, but still it isn't often you see deer here. Oh! The other day a deer ran across this intersection. There weren't any woods nearby. Now what about that? It is like girls gone wild, except animals gone wild. Haha get it? Animals are wild to begin with. It is just nature. I really should go before I make anymore stupid jokes.
No comments:
Post a Comment