So I haven't been good about this site. This is supposed to be about my small adventures. I had one bug adventure and now I can't find the joy in the little things. But I promise I will do that now. It is a new day to see the world. Let's get started.
Currently Reading: An Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor
Reason: It was assigned in class.
Thoughts: I'm 8 pages in and I can't explain how everything seems to relate to my life. So far, it is about finding more in the little aspects of life. My mind is running wild while reading. It reminds me of Rome and this blog and getting the most out of everyday.
Recommend?: I'll let you know when I finish.
So where did I find "more" so far today? It probably was at 5:55 am, when I left the house for my run. I locked the door and tied the key onto my shoelace. As I hurried down the steps, I noticed the slight fall chill that will make this time of year so great. (Yes, I know it was early so that is why it was cold but it wasn't like this last week!) I ran up my street toward school. It was dark but some cars and people were out. I thought I was out an hour earlier than I was supposed to be. Alas, I wasn't. But just crossing the street, with few cars to dodge, in the darkness, in the fall chill, I loved running. Early morning is my favorite time to run. It feels like no one else is awake or even in the world. And you can see the sunrise. I do this twice a week so while it is becoming more commonplace, it still has that certain feeling, at least for a moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment