So I've been getting tired of eating peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and who-knows-what for dinner (usually a mash up of some meat and veggies). I decided to be adventurous and try cooking something from a recipe (gasp!). Honestly, recipes scare me. I'm not good at following them. I think it also comes from me not knowing cooking very well. For a while, I thought brown sugar and white sugar were the same, just different colors. I've used olive oil for baking because I didn't have vegetable oil. Those are just some examples of my ignorance. Don't get Kristen or Cody started on my blueberry quinoa incident. Anyway, I found a recipe for mac-and-cheese that looked relatively straight forward (and that didn't require flour because I didn't have that) and it turned out...okay. The sauce has a weird consistency to it but otherwise it's any old mac-and-cheese. I titled it "BLT Mac," although it's actually spinach and not lettuce. For the future, though, I think I'll stick to getting my mac-and-cheese out, especially at The Fix in Tucson.

No comments:
Post a Comment