Considering I spent my birthday in Arizona, with no one I knew, away from my friends and family, I guess you could say I felt a little alone. But with some embarrassing pictures floating around and lots of well wishes via text message, I felt a little better. In the afternoon of my birthday, I was talking with one of the economics professors at Arizona. She said to her something about myself. So naturally, because I love my birthday, I said that it was today. She turned around and brought out this piece of chocolate that she usually gives to other students for birthdays. I was so grateful and happy that she was treating me like a student already and that she wanted to help me celebrate. I also felt like I was in grade school again on my birthday, walking around to teachers and getting stickers and others goodies. But still, that act of kindness made my day, especially because it was the only birthday present I got. And the best part--the chocolate was delicious.

No comments:
Post a Comment