Friday, October 10, 2014

Men, Women and Children at the Ritz


Well, if that wasn't crazy, then I don't know what is. I joined the Film Society for the night so I could get free Septa tokens and a movie ticket to the Ritz East. The movie made me feel insignificant and very important, too open but not as much as others, etc etc on a lot of other contradictory feelings. Essentially, the movie's underlying premise was the effects of social media on relationships in a nondescript Texas town. There were people with too much control to prevent hurt (but actually caused the biggest hurt, in my opinion, in the whole movie) and too much blurring of what is right and wrong. I think one of the saddest parts of the whole movie is how much people gave up on themselves and others. There wasn't freedom to say what you wanted or to be comfortable in your own skin. Luckily for us, when the movie ended, we had the freedom to to leave the group for ice cream--and post on social media about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment