But, the highlight of my week was my trip to the Ambler Theater to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." First off, the theater (and its neighborhood) is stunning. I didn't get to walk around Ambler but the main street seemed like the place to be on a Wednesday afternoon. The theater itself is charming--three screens, a 2:00 matinee for $5, and an old-time movie theater feel. Before the movie came on, I watched a PowerPoint about the going-ons in Ambler; it felt homey and welcoming. Second, the movie was very good. I recommend it to anyone. It made me want to travel to India and also allowed me to see in the perspective of the elderly. Speaking of which, I was the only person under 65 in the theater. I don't know if it was because it was a matinee or because of the movie, but it was a tad uncomfortable with all those older people! I enjoyed it nevertheless. Oh, I know a couple people who have never heard of the film. The trailer is below to enjoy. Go see it!!
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Recap Sunday
Anyway, so I have had a full week of reading and movies. Ever since I cam home two Thursdays ago, I have finished six books (although Fantastic Mr. Fox took my a half hour to read). All were very good, actually. I read three John Green novels--one even was indirectly about girls named Katherine. Everything is Illuminated was a mix of sadness and funnies and confusion. The only disappointing one, if I had to pick, would be Battle Hymn of a Tiger Mother. It was not as extreme as I thought it would.
But, the highlight of my week was my trip to the Ambler Theater to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." First off, the theater (and its neighborhood) is stunning. I didn't get to walk around Ambler but the main street seemed like the place to be on a Wednesday afternoon. The theater itself is charming--three screens, a 2:00 matinee for $5, and an old-time movie theater feel. Before the movie came on, I watched a PowerPoint about the going-ons in Ambler; it felt homey and welcoming. Second, the movie was very good. I recommend it to anyone. It made me want to travel to India and also allowed me to see in the perspective of the elderly. Speaking of which, I was the only person under 65 in the theater. I don't know if it was because it was a matinee or because of the movie, but it was a tad uncomfortable with all those older people! I enjoyed it nevertheless. Oh, I know a couple people who have never heard of the film. The trailer is below to enjoy. Go see it!!
But, the highlight of my week was my trip to the Ambler Theater to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." First off, the theater (and its neighborhood) is stunning. I didn't get to walk around Ambler but the main street seemed like the place to be on a Wednesday afternoon. The theater itself is charming--three screens, a 2:00 matinee for $5, and an old-time movie theater feel. Before the movie came on, I watched a PowerPoint about the going-ons in Ambler; it felt homey and welcoming. Second, the movie was very good. I recommend it to anyone. It made me want to travel to India and also allowed me to see in the perspective of the elderly. Speaking of which, I was the only person under 65 in the theater. I don't know if it was because it was a matinee or because of the movie, but it was a tad uncomfortable with all those older people! I enjoyed it nevertheless. Oh, I know a couple people who have never heard of the film. The trailer is below to enjoy. Go see it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment