Sunday, July 23, 2017

Heard Museum and Biking in the Rain


Free day at the Heard Museum. Rode my bike in the hot sun while wearing a dress and stopped for ice cream on Roosevelt Row. I always enjoyed museums but recently I've been extra distracted whenever I go and I get bored easily. But I can walk for hours on trails through the desert and enjoy that. I don't know--lots of soul searching out here in Arizona.

Funny story from today. I've been making yoga on Sunday nights a commitment for a a few months now. I'm trying to be more conscious of my environmental impacts and of my laziness so I've tried to ride my bike more often. As I rode to yoga tonight, I saw the dark clouds forming over Tempe and hoped that it wouldn't rain on my way back. Well, during yoga, when I was supposed to be relaxed, all I could focus on was the loud sound of rain pellets falling six feet from me on the other side of the window. How the heck was I supposed to get back? Stubborn and rationalizing the drizzle, I sprinted back on my bike, through every rad light, through every puddle, afraid of being struck by lightning. But I made it one piece, just a little wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment