Thursday, November 26, 2015
Thoughts on Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is similar to New Years in the sense that everyone is thankful and everyone makes a resolution. There's really no time like the present so why wait until Thanksgiving or January 1st?
But that being said, Thanksgiving does make you stop and consider all you have to be thankful for. The list goes on and on. I guess it was a couple weeks ago, when I was having a hard time, Dan told me to think of 3 positive things everyday--and I've been doing it as I get ready for bed. I guess it's something small to bring Thanksgiving to every day life.
This is my first Thanksgiving not at home. While I did have turkey and all the sides today, it was definitely the company I was missing. I guess you don't realize what you have until you don't have it anymore, you know? But I'm very appreciative of those people who reached out to me because it was very hard being in Arizona alone. In their busy day, people remembered that I was alone and for that I am thankful.
I'm thinking of all the changes that happened between last Thanksgiving and this Thanksgiving and it's unbelievable. I'm super glad I'm here in Arizona and even though I get my butt kicked every day, I know it'll be worth it soon enough. And one day it'll all come together. I have to just hang in there. But all the people I met here, and now friends who were once strangers, I'm very thankful for, because without them, I'd be feeling alone all the time. It's the very little things they do that I'm thankful for. They don't realize what an impact it has on me but I'm truly thankful for everyone here in Tucson. So here's to Thanksgiving and being thankful year round.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment