I just finished reading Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown. It's a guide book to cut out the unessential parts and activities in your life to become more centered and less stressed. As I read it, I felt like, for the most part, I live an essential life. Yes, sometimes I do things because other people want me to or because I feel like I have to even if I don't want to. But I do say no often and I do try to do essential things. But I'm not 100 always living the essentialism model (see below).
But the book did give me some guidelines and ideas to follow to make essentialism a strong part of my life. I took the ones most applicable and interesting and doable. The book did seem catered to business professionals who are overstressed.
- Journal
- If it isn't a clear yes, then it's a clear no.
- Ask yourself, "What's important now?"
- Extreme preparation--start early on semester projects and create a master calendar for the whole semester with due dates
- Small wins are better for progress than one big win
- Design a routine
- Finally, ask "What is essential?"

No comments:
Post a Comment